- Beam’s e-scooters to roll out in Esperance on Thursday 23 December
- Up to 200 e-scooters will roll out within the city through summer
- E-scooters will be available for hire via the Beam app, available for download on Apple and Google Play stores
[22 December 2021] Global micromobility company Beam will launch operations in Esperance ahead of Christmas, bringing e-scooters to the streets tomorrow.
The app-based service will feature affordable pay-as-you-go rates, with a $1 unlock fee and $0.45 per minute.
Beam’s e-scooters will be available 7-days a week, 24-hours per day at over 25 locations across town, including Twilight Bay, Salmon Beach, Esperance Shopping Mall and Esperance Esplanade.
Riders will be able to see the full riding area within the app, and fixed virtual docking will be employed to ensure each trip starts and ends at a designated parking spot.
Beam is the largest micromobility operator in Asia Pacific, with operations in Australia spanning capital cities such as Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide and Canberra, Hobart, Launceston and regional cities and towns including Bunbury, Port Douglas, Magnetic Island and Townsville.
The Beam offering will include:
- Beam’s Saturn e-scooter fleet: Featuring tip-resistant kickstands, electric and mechanical brakes, a bluetooth-locked helmet, and swappable batteries
- Beam Booster for Retail Support: Beam’s Booster platform utilises a blend of GPS-technology, in-app notifications and partner incentives to help stimulate economic activity at the local community level. Participation is free, with applications now open for local Esperance businesses via www.ridebeam.com/anz/booster
- Virtual Docking for Cleaner Streets: At Beam, we believe that the future of micromobility is docked rather than dockless. But a docked system does not require hardware racks fitted on the pavements. Fixed parking docks can be created virtually, using technology and GPS to direct riders to appropriate parking spots through a combination of guidance, incentives, and disincentives.
- Climate Neutral Operations for A Greener City: Beam is the only operator in ANZ to be Certified Climate Neutral, and has recently announced a pledge to go Carbon Negative by 2025. Beam has been carbon-neutral for the entirety of its Australian operations, and is committed to continuing to lead the industry in sustainability, adopting technological advances to reduce its environmental impact.
Beam’s General Manager (ANZ) Tom Cooper said:
“We’re excited to be bringing our e-scooters to the streets of Esperance ahead of Christmas.
“Safety for both riders and pedestrians is our biggest priority, and our industry-leading e-scooters feature tip-resistant kickstands, a helmet with every ride, and an in-app Safety Quiz to educate riders on how to ride safely.
“We look forward to a fruitful partnership with the Shire of Esperance and the local community over the next 12 months.”