● Beam offers $2 rides to Wellington residents
● Promotion runs from 12.01am Friday 2 July to 11:59pm Sunday 18 July
In support of the Council’s Greater Wellington Regional PublicTransport Plan, Beam is offering heavily discounted rides on its eco-friendly,carbon-neutral e-scooters to encourage more Wellington residents to take up greener transport options.
From 2 - 18 July, Beam will offer ‘round the clock $2 rides (capped at15 minutes’ duration) on its entire fleet, to raise awareness of sustainabletravel.
To be attributed to Beam General Manager Australia & New Zealand,Tom Cooper:
“As the local council invests in increased connectivity and more climate-friendly modes of travel, similarly Beam aims to turn little drivesinto better rides.
“A lot of us jump into cars out of habit, not realising that often there are more environmentally-friendly ways of getting around a city at a veryaffordable price. We hope to break the driving habit, and get the residents ofWellington moving in a new way.
As Wellington moved to Alert Level 1 earlier this week, we’re committed to offering an affordable, socially-distanced transport option to assist theresidents of Wellington with travelling the city.”
Key movement statistics:
● The average Wellington rider rides for 8 minutes
● Peake-scooter hours are weekdays from 7-9am and 3-6pm, showing a shift towards utilising e-scooters for work commutes
● The most popular trip starting locations are Wellington Train Station and Queens Wharf