The purpose of our Fair Go Policy is to ensure that all our customers:
– can access our services; and
– do not use our services in a manner that we consider 'unreasonable' or 'unacceptable'.
In addition, the Fair Go Policy sets out your responsibilities when you use Beam vehicles. It also confirms steps we may take to ensure and monitor compliance with this policy. The Fair Go Policy applies to all our services.
If you are a personal customer our services are for your personal use only. If you are a business customer, including a small to medium business customer, our services are for your use in the ordinary course of business. You may not use the service in a manner which is 'unreasonable' or 'unacceptable'.
2. Unreasonable use
We consider your use of the service unreasonable if you use it in a manner which is other than it was intended for.
Here are some examples of uses which we consider 'unreasonable'. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list:
– if you are a personal customer using the service in a way which could not be reasonably regarded as ordinary personal use (eg a personal subscription cannot be used for commercial purposes);
– if you are a business customer, including a small to medium business customer, using the service in way which could not be reasonably regarded as ordinary business use;
– using our services for the provision of delivery of goods to customers (ie. UberEats, Deliveroo etc)
– using the service for fraudulent purposes;
– keeping a vehicle ‘on trip’ for hours even while not in use;
3. Unacceptable use
You may not use our services in any manner which improperly interferes with another person's use of our services or for illegal or unlawful purposes. You may not use any equipment or devices on our vehicles which have not been approved by us. We consider the use of our services or unauthorised equipment in this way to be unacceptable.
Here are some examples of uses which we consider 'unacceptable'. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list:
– if you provide us with false user information to use the service;
– using any equipment or device on our vehicles which has not been authorised by us;
– contravening any applicable laws or our terms of service when you use the service;
4. Monitoring Compliance
We are under no obligation to monitor your vehicle usage. However, we may from time to time monitor trip data to protect our services, our other customers and the general public as well as to ensure you are complying with the terms of this policy. We may need to disclose any findings as required to regulatory authorities.
5. Breach of the Fair Go Policy
If you breach any part of this Fair Go Policy we will, generally speaking, contact you and, if appropriate, ask you to modify your use of the service. If you do not modify your use of the service we may suspend or cancel your service without notice to you. However, in certain circumstances such as illegality, or non-ordinary use, we reserve the right to suspend or cancel your service immediately and without notice to you.