We’re really pleased to announce that, following a highly competitive process, we have been selected to bring e-scooters to Australia’s National Capital. Launching in September, Beam will be rolling out a fleet of Beam Saturn+ vehicles to provide safe, affordable and environmentally friendly micromobility trips to the people of Canberra.
“We are excited and grateful that the ACT Government has selected Beam to bring new mobility options for Canberra. Our global expertise combined with our focus on local operations allows us to provide a comprehensive and responsive mobility service to the community” said Beam’s Australian GM Khoa Pham.
The Beam offering will include:
- The Beam Saturn+ For Safer Scooting: The Beam Saturn is a rigorously tested purpose-built sharing e-scooter that provides an industry-leading suspension and shock absorption system for safer handling, swappable battery technology with an industry-leading range of up to 120km per charge, a braking system with three independent brakes, and a dual kick-stand to reduce nuisance from scooters falling over.
- Helmets For All for Safer Rides: Every Beam e-scooter in Canberra will be equipped with a Beam helmet and a Bluetooth enabled smart helmet lock, ensuring riders always have a helmet for every ride. These helmets will be treated with an innovative cleaning treatment that provides long-term hygiene benefits and will help to encourage riders to wear them.
- Virtual Docking For Cleaner Streets: At Beam, we believe that the future of micromobility is docked rather than dockless. But a docked system does not require hardware racks fitted on the pavements. Fixed parking docks can be created virtually, using technology and GPS to direct riders to appropriate parking spots through a combination of guidance, incentives, and disincentives.
- Climate Neutral Operations For A Greener City: A long-term goal for Beam has always been to contribute to the cause of tackling climate change. For our operations, through the end of 2019, we have achieved Climate Neutral Certified status by measuring our entire greenhouse gas emissions footprint, purchasing carbon credits to offset that footprint, and implementing plans to reduce emissions this year and beyond. In Asia-Pacific, this makes us the only micromobility operator to be independently certified as climate neutral.
- Beam Booster for Retail Recovery: Over recent months we have developed a unique program designed to assist local shops, restaurants and cafes in the cities which we operate in as they strive to reinvigorate their businesses after the easing of COVID-19 conditions. Named ‘Operation Booster’, Beam’s proprietary partnership platform utilises a blend of GPS-technology, in-app notifications and partner incentives to help stimulate economic activity at the local community level.
In Canberra Beam will work with local stakeholders to gradually introduce our vehicle to the streets, provide ongoing safety and safe riding information and training and roll out additional features to support our operations.