New to Beam ? Follow these 5 steps and you'll be on your way in less than a minute!
How to get started...
1. Download the 'Beam Escooter' app from the Apple App Store / Play Store and verify your mobile phone number.
2. Register your payment method. And ensure your Bluetooth is turned on.
3. Select "ride" and scan the QR code on the scooter handlebar to unlock the scooter, or select the '<>' icon in the app and enter the 5 digit code.
4. Kick-off twice, then press GO after the scooter is in motion. If you want to slow down, pull the brake handle on the left side of the handlebar. Do not try and slow down by pushing down on the rear fender of the scooters with your foot - that will damage the scooter and could cause you to lose control.
Refer to the "Operating Zone" marked on the map in the app, to see where you can ride. Please do not ride a scooter outside of this marked area. Note that there are also zones marked in grey which are "No Go Zones", where the top speed of the scooter will automatically be reduced for safety reasons. Ending your trip in a "No Go Zone" will also result in a penalty/fine of THB 50
5. Park the scooter safely at one of the Beam parking spots marked on the map in the app, and position it in the spot where it will not interfere with traffic, pedestrian walkways and fire hydrants. You will be charged a convenience fee for THB 50 if you do not park at a Beam parking spot.
6. To end your ride click on the end ride button at the bottom of your screen.
The Beam Saturn is designed to be as safe as possible, but there are some important rules to follow to ensure you stay safe when riding:
1. Do not ride Beam after consuming alcohol.
2. Avoid riding on wet surfaces.
3. Refrain from sharing a single Beam with a secondary rider.
4. Observe and obey traffic laws.
After downloading the Beam E-Scooter app from the App Store / Play Store, you can proceed with the registration process in the following order: mobile phone authentication, personal information registration and privacy agreement.
For general inquiries you can contact our support team through the Help button on the main menu.
For enquiries regarding specific trips please do the following.
1. Enter trip history.
2. Select the ride you have a dispute or question regarding.
3.Click on contact support in the bottom right hand of the screen.
You may also contact support from the Beam rider map by click on the question mark on the right hand of your screen.
Beam services are currently available only in the old town area of Phuket. Refer to the white area(marked with a red outline) on the Beam app for the exact locations of parking spots and the operating zone.
Please note that you will be unable to start a ride outside of our operating zone.
Two riders on the same scooter is definitely a bad idea. Beams are made for one, and anything more then one is dangerous. One of the great benefits of riding a Beam is that you are automatically covered for personal accident insurance with every ride, but that insurance will be void if more than one person rides the same scooter at the same time. So please don't.
The advisable maximum weight a Beam scooter can carry is 100kg.
It's great that you love Beam that much, but Beam e-scooters are made for sharing and they get lonely otherwise. So please don't keep a Beam at your house as it prevents other riders from having access to it. Beam also reserves the right to retrieve our scooter if it is kept by a user for private use, and involve the authorities if necessary.
We don't like our scooters being in anyone's way so please let us know if you see one causing an obstruction. Contact our support team through the "Help" button on the main menu of the app, or by clicking on the question mark icon shown on the right hand of the map screen.
It’s “Pay as you go”Currently, we charge THB 20 for unlocking fee and THB 5 per minute as soon as the ride starts.
Currently supported payment methods are debit/credit cards and Beam credit payment which you may purchase with your debit/credit card through the Beam app. Payment will be made in advance to the Beam credits you have and the difference will be charged to the registered payment method.
Other payment issues that arise can be caused by an outdated app version. To avoid these issues always make sure to update your Beam app as soon as a new update is available.
You can register and update your payment method on the 'Payments' tab in the app menu.
Currently supported payment methods are by credit and debit cards.
Your Beam credits can be found in the 'Payment & Credit' tab of the app's main menu.
If you have an outstanding balance, you will be restricted from using the scooter. Please update your payment method by following these steps:
1. Select 'Payment and credit' from the menu on the left.
2. Click on your credit card details under 'Saved Card' and choose the option to update your payment details.
3. Relaunch the app.
4. The scooter can be used once the payment method and outstanding balance payment are completed.
As some of the Beam parking spots offer exclusive discounts at nearby shops, cafes and restaurants. These are called "Boosts". If a "Boost" is available at the parking spot you end your trip at, we will automatically notify you with a message in the app once you have ended your trip.
"Boost" offers can be redeemed within 60 minutes of you ending your trip.
You can also check whether a "Boost" is available at any parking spot by clicking on it in the map on the app.
You can end your trip only at a Beam parking spot. The parking spots are marked on the map in the app with a "P" sign. If you end your trip and park the scooter anywhere other than these Beam spots, you may be charged a convenience fee.
The scooter icons refer to designated parking areas for Beams. You can also find out how many scooters are available at that location by referring to the number in grey at the top right hand of the icons.
No. You should attempt to park at a designated Beam parking spot. If you end your trip and park the scooter anywhere other than these Beam spots, you may be charged a convenience fee.
If you'd like to report an end trip issue, please follow these steps to submit your question:
1. Enter the menu on the top left of the app.
2. Select the 'Trip History' menu and select the ride you wish to have refunded.
3. Tap 'Contact Support' on the bottom right hand side of the screen to request a refund with a given reason.
If you notice a broken scooter before you start a ride, or have mechanical issues with a scooter during your ride, please report the malfunction to us by doing the following:
1. Enter the main menu (by clicking on the three lines in the top left corner of the app).
2. Select "Trip History" and find the trip where the scooter malfunctioned. Click on the trip.
3. Tap on the "Contact Support" on the bottom right hand of that trip screen to explain the issue and request a refund. Please do provide as much detail as possible, so we can ensure we make it right for you.
Yes, you can pause during a ride by clicking on the lock icon after your ride has started. Do take note that although the scooter is locked you will still be charged the standard per-minute fee.
If you need to see a doctor due to injuries sustained as a result of an accident please do get the required treatment first and ensure you are safe and cared for before submitting a report to Beam. After you have received treatment. please submit a message to us with details about the incident through the "Help" section that you can find in the main menu of the app.
Alternatively, you can click on the gear icon in the bottom left corner of the side menu and refer to our insurance page available there.
Yes, you can pause during a ride by clicking on the padlock icon (to be found on the bottom right hand corner of the map screen) after your ride has started. Please note that although the scooter is locked for this period of pause, you will still be charged the standard per-minute fee.
You may find a detailed list of the terms and conditions of using Beam scooters at the link here:
Please contact our customer support team in order to have your Beam account deleted.
You may do so by:
1. Selecting the question mark on the Beam map
2. Selecting the "Help" tab in the main menu of the app
Both options will open a message box that you can contact us through. In that message, tell us the phone number and email you registered with, to make the process as straightforward as possible.