New to Beam ? Follow these 5 steps and you'll be on your way in less than a minute!
How to get started...
1. Download the 'Beam Escooter' app from the Apple App Store / Play Store and verify your mobile phone number.
2. Register your payment method. And ensure your Bluetooth is turned on.
3. Select "ride" and scan the QR code on the scooter handlebar to unlock the scooter, or select the '<>' icon in the app and enter the 5 digit code.
4. Kick-off twice, then press GO after the scooter is in motion. If you want to slow down, press the electric brake button on the left handle. Please do not try and slow down by pushing down on the rear mudguard of the scooters with your foot - that will damage the scooter and could cause you to lose control.
4. Refer to the "Operating Zone" marked on the map in the app, to see where you can ride. Please do not ride a scooter outside of this marked area. Note that there are also zones marked in yellow which are "Slow Zones", where the top speed of the scooter will automatically be reduced for safety reasons. There are also zones coloured red within the operating zone, that are either "No Go Zones" or "No Parking Zones". Please avoid these zones. The scooter will automatically end if you enter a "No Go Zone", and you will be unable to end a trip in a "No Parking Zone".
5. Park the scooter safely at one of the Beam parking spots marked on the map in the app, and position it in the spot where it will not interfere with traffic, pedestrian walkways and fire hydrants. You could be fined if you do not park at a Beam parking spot.
6. To end your ride click on the end ride button at the bottom of your screen.
The Beam Saturn is designed to be as safe as possible, but there are some important rules to follow to ensure you stay safe when riding:
1. Do not ride Beam after drinking.
2. Do not ride on wet surfaces.
3. Only one person at a time can ride a Beam scooter.
4. Please obey the traffic laws.
After downloading the Beam E-Scooter app from the App Store / Play Store, you can proceed with the registration process in the following order: mobile phone authentication, personal information registration and privacy agreement.
The referral code is not a requirement to register a Beam account. However, if you have friends or family who already use Beam, they can offer you a referral code which will grant you RM 2.50 credits as soon as you sign up. Once you have taken your first ride, the person who gave you the referral code will also receive RM 2.50 in credits to their own Beam account. Everyone wins!
For general inquiries you can contact our support team through the Help button on the main menu.
For enquiries regarding specific trips please do the following.
1. Enter trip history.
2. Select the ride you have a dispute or question regarding.
3.Click on contact support in the bottom right hand of the screen.
You may also contact support from the Beam rider map by click on the question mark on the right hand of your screen.
Beam is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. As we need a little time to charge and maintain our scooters each day, there may be fewer on the streets after 10pm.
Beam services are currently available in the City Center of Kuala Lumpur and Bandar Utama. Refer to the white area on the Beam app for the exact locations of parking spots and the operating zone.
Please note that you will be unable to start a ride outside of our operating zone.
One of the great benefits of riding a Beam is that you are automatically covered for personal accident insurance with every ride. Unfortunately that means we can only permit one scooter to be rented on a single account at any one time.
Two riders on the same scooter is definitely a bad idea. Beams are made for one, and anything more that one is dangerous. One of the great benefits of riding a Beam is that you are automatically covered for personal accident insurance with every ride, but that insurance will be void if more than one person rides the same scooter at the same time. So please don't.
The advisable maximum weight a Beam scooter can carry is 100kgs.
It's great that you love Beam that much, but Beam e-scooters are made for sharing and they get lonely otherwise. So please don't keep a Beam at your house as it prevents other riders from having access to it. Beam also reserves the right to retrieve our scooter if it is kept by a user for private use, and involve the authorities if necessary.
We don't like our scooters being in anyone's way so please let us know if you see one causing an obstruction. Contact our support team through the "Help" button on the main menu of the app, or by clicking on the question mark icon shown on the right hand of the map screen.
To help local businesses in KL recover from the impacts of COVID-19, we've teamed up with some of the best restaurants, cafes and shops of our city, to help encourage Beamers to stop and pop in.
We've got some great partners on board, from Salad Atelier and Agrain, to VCR and Ramada Suites KLCC. And to provide a little more encouragement, we've organised for our new friends to offer special promotional discounts to you. Everything from free coffee and discounts off meals, smoothies and juices, to special cut-price hotel deals. We call them "Boosts".
When you park at a Boost parking spot and end your ride, a little message will pop up in the app that tells you the offer available. You just need to show that message to the partner business within 60 minutes to collect your Boost.
Over the coming months, we will be rolling out more and more Boosts at parking spots as more businesses join the scheme. Not all parking spots will have Boosts from day one of the scheme, but our ambition is that eventually, most of them, if not all, will.
There is an RM 2.00 unlock fee at the start of your ride and RM 0.60 per minute charge as soon as you start your ride.
Currently supported payment methods are debit/credit cards and Beam credit payment which you may purchase with your debit/credit card through the Beam app. Payment will be made in advance to the Beam credits you have and the difference will be charged to the registered payment method.
Other payment issues that arise can be caused by an outdated app version. To avoid these issues always make sure to update your Beam app as soon as a new update is available.
You can register and update your payment method on the 'Payments' tab in the app menu.
Currently supported payment methods are by credit and debit cards.
Your Beam credits can be found in the 'Payment & Credit' tab of the app's main menu.
If you have an outstanding balance, you will be restricted from using the scooter. Please update your payment method by following these steps:
1. Select 'Billing' from the menu on the top left.
2. Add a "payment method."
3. Relaunch the app.
4. The scooter can be used once the payment method and outstanding balance payment are completed.
We no longer offer parking credits. To help keep the streets of KL tidy we have moved to a fixed parking system, which means you can only park at Beam parking spots marked on the map in the app (with a "P" symbol). If you park anywhere other than these spots, you may be charged a collection fee.
Benefits of good parking are still available though, as some of the Beam parking spots offer exclusive discounts at nearby shops, cafes and restaurants.. These are called "Boosts". If a "Boost" is available at the parking spot you end your trip at, we will automatically notify you with a message in the app once you have ended your trip.
"Boost" offers can be redeemed within 60 minutes of you ending your trip.
You can also check whether a "Boost" is available at any parking spot by clicking on it in the map on the app.
You can only end your trip at a Beam parking spot. These spots are marked on the map in the app with a "P" sign. If you end your trip and park the scooter anywhere other than these Beam spots, you may be fined a collection fee.
The scooter icons refer to designated parking areas for Beams. You can also find out how many scooters are available at that location by referring to the number in grey at the top right hand of the icons.
No. You should only park at designated Beam parking spots, show on the map in the app.If you end your trip and park the scooter anywhere other than these Beam spots, you may be fined a collection fee.
If you'd like to report an end trip issue, please follow these steps to submit your question:
1. Enter the menu on the top left of the app.
2. Select the 'Trip History' menu and select the ride you wish to have refunded.
3. Tap 'Contact Support' on the bottom right hand side of the screen to request a refund with a given reason.
If you notice a broken scooter before you start a ride, or have mechanical issues with a scooter during your ride, please report the malfunction to us by doing the following:
1. Enter the main menu (by clicking on the three lines in the top left corner of the app).
2. Select "Trip History" and find the trip where the scooter malfunctioned. Click on the trip.
3. Tap on the "Contact Support" on the bottom right hand of that trip screen to explain the issue and request a refund. Please do provide as much detail as possible, so we can ensure we make it right for you.
Yes, you can pause during a ride by clicking on the lock icon after your ride has started. Do take note that although the scooter is locked you will still be charged the standard per-minute fee.
If you need to see a doctor due to injuries sustained as a result of an accident please do get the required treatment first and ensure you are safe and cared for before submitting a report to Beam. After you have received treatment. please submit a message to us with details about the incident through the "Help" section that you can find in the main menu of the app.
Yes, you can pause during a ride by clicking on the padlock icon (to be found on the bottom right hand corner of the map screen) after your ride has started. Please note that although the scooter is locked for this period of pause, you will still be charged the standard per-minute fee.
You may find a detailed list of the terms and conditions of using Beam scooters at the link here:
Please contact our customer support team in order to have your Beam account deleted.
You may do so by:
1. Selecting the question mark on the Beam map
2. Selecting the "Help" tab in the main menu of the app
Both options will open a message box that you can contact us through. In that message, tell us the phone number and email you registered with, to make the process as straightforward as possible.