New to Beam? Follow these 5 steps and you'll be on your way in less than a minute!
How to get started...
1. Download the Beam app from the Apple App Store / Play Store and verify your mobile phone number.
2. Register your payment method. And ensure your Bluetooth is turned on.
3. Select "ride" and scan the QR code on the e-scooter handlebar to unlock the e-scooter, or select the '<>' icon in the app and enter the 5 digit code.
4. Kick-off twice, then press GO after the e-scooter is in motion. If you want to slow down, pull the brake handle on the left side of the handlebar. Do not try and slow down by pushing down on the rear fender of the e-scooters with your foot - that will damage the e-scooter and could cause you to lose control.
5. Refer to the "Operating Zone" marked on the map in the app, to see where you can ride. Please do not ride a e-scooter outside of this marked area. Note that there are also zones marked in grey which are "No Go Zones", where the top speed of the e-scooter will automatically be reduced for safety reasons. Ending your trip in a "No Go Zone" will also result in a penalty/fine of JP¥00.
6. Park the e-scooter safely within the Beam Operating Zones. These are clearly marked on the map in the app, and position it in the spot where it will not interfere with traffic, pedestrian walkways and fire hydrants.
7. To end your ride click on the end ride button at the bottom of your screen.
The Beam Saturn is designed to be as safe as possible, but there are some important rules to follow to ensure you stay safe when riding:
1. Do not ride Beam after consuming alcohol.
2. Avoid riding on wet surfaces.
3. Refrain from sharing a single Beam with a secondary rider.
4. Observe and obey traffic laws.
The referral code is not a requirement to register a Beam account. However, if you have friends or family who already use Beam, they can offer you a referral code which will grant you Beam credits as soon as you sign up.
Once you have taken your first ride, the person who gave you the referral code will also receive some credits to their own Beam account. Everyone wins!
For general inquiries you can contact our support team through the Help button on the main menu.
For enquiries regarding specific trips please do the following:
1. Enter trip history
2. Select the ride you have a dispute or question regarding
3.Click on contact support in the bottom right hand of the screen.
You may also contact support from the Beam rider map by click on the question mark on the right hand of your screen.
Beam is now available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Do take note that as we require to charge and maintain some of our e-scooters therefore supply may be limited after 10:00 PM each day.
Please check Beam's locations in your city
Beam services are currently available in
- Osaka city
Beam services are currently available in
- Minami Uonuma city
Refer to the white area on the Beam app for the exact locations of the operating zone. Please note that you will be unable to start a ride outside of our operating zone.
Beam will be expanding operating areas accordingly.
Two riders on the same e-scooter is definitely a bad idea. Beams are made for one, and anything more than one is dangerous. One of the great benefits of riding a Beam is that you are automatically covered for personal accident insurance with every ride, but that insurance will be void if more than one person rides the same
e-scooter at the same time. So please don't.
We don't like our e-scooters being in anyone's way so please let us know if you see one causing an obstruction. Contact our support team through the "Help" button on the main menu of the app, or by clicking on the question mark icon shown on the right hand of the map screen.
The advisable maximum weight a Beam e-scooter can hold is up to 100kg.
It's great to hear you love Beam so much but Beam is all about sharing!You should not keep Beam in your house as it prevents other riders from having access to it. Beam also reserves the right to retrieve the e-scooter should the e-scooter be kept in a user's home for private use.
As some of the Beam parking spots offer exclusive discounts at nearby shops, cafes and restaurants. These are called "Boosts". If a "Boost" is available at the parking spot you end your trip at, we will automatically notify you with a message in the app once you have ended your trip.
"Boost" offers can be redeemed within 60 minutes of you ending your trip.
You can also check whether a "Boost" is available at any parking spot by clicking on it in the map on the app.
Beam’s prices are displayed within the Beam app. Please check our current pricing before you ride.
Currently supported payment methods are debit/credit cards and Beam credit payment which you may purchase with your debit/credit card through the Beam app. Payment will be made in advance to the Beam credits you have and the difference will be charged to the registered payment method.
Other payment issues that arise can be caused by an outdated app version. To avoid these issues always make sure to update your Beam app as soon as a new update is available.
You (and your group ride buddies!) may notice a fee being charged to your card after linking it to the app even when no ride was taken. This is only a temporary hold used to verify your card, and it is commonly known as a pre-authorization fee. You may also notice another temporary hold which might appear as a duplicated charge of your trip. This is indicated with the word PENDING by some banks.
Rest assured, these charges get lifted/cancelled automatically once the card has been verified, or adjusted to the actual amount captured after completing a ride. Depending on your bank, the finalized payment may take up to 1 or 2 weeks to be reflected back on your statement.
The final charges should only be the ones matching with the records of the Trip History in your Beam app.
You can register and update your payment method on the 'Payments' tab in the app menu.
Currently supported payment methods are by credit and debit cards.
Beam credits can be found in the Payment section of the menu.
If you have an outstanding balance, you will be restricted from using the e-scooter. Please update your payment method by following these steps:
1. Select 'Payment and Credit' from the menu on the top left.
2. Add a "payment method."
3. Relaunch the app.
4. The e-scooter can be used once the payment method and outstanding balance payment are completed.
Credit refunds can be found in the 'Payment & Credit' page of the rider menu. If you have not been refunded credits for a ride you have taken and ended at a parking spot please do contact our support team and highlight the ride that was not refunded. To do so accurately enter your trip history tab and select the individual ride and click on "Contact Support" and we shall investigate the matter.
The e-scooter icons refer to designated parking areas for Beams. You can also find out how many e-scooters are available at that location by referring to the number in grey at the top right hand of the icons.
No. You should attempt to park at a designated Beam parking spot. If you end your trip and park the e-scooter anywhere other than these Beam spots, you may be charged a bad parking fee.
If you'd like to report an end trip issue, please follow these steps to submit your question:
1. Enter the menu on the top left of the app.
2. Select the 'Trip History' menu and select the ride you wish to have refunded.
3. Tap 'Contact Support' on the bottom right hand side of the screen to request a refund with a given reason.
If you notice a broken e-scooter before you start a ride, or have mechanical issues with a e-scooter during your ride, please report the malfunction to us by doing the following:
1. Enter the main menu (by clicking on the three lines in the top left corner of the app).
2. Select "Trip History" and find the trip where the e-scooter malfunctioned. Click on the trip.
3. Tap on the "Contact Support" on the bottom right hand of that trip screen to explain the issue and request a refund. Please do provide as much detail as possible, so we can ensure we make it right for you.
Yes, you can pause during a ride by clicking on the lock icon after your ride has started. Do take note that although the e-scooter is locked you will still be charged the standard per-minute fee.
The rider is responsible for the correct use of the e-scooter. If your e-scooter is stolen whilst unlocked the rider will still have to cover the per minute fee. However, should you need to stop your ride for a short while you have the ability to lock the e-scooter for an extended period of time.
Link to the insurance form can be found here: https://www.ridebeam.com/rider-insurance
You may find a detailed list of the terms and conditions of using Beam e-scooters at the link here:
Account deactivation can be done directly from the Beam app. Simply go to Settings (bottom left of the main menu) and select Delete Account.
If you do not have access to your 'Beam account', please contact our customer support team by selecting the question mark on the Beam map or the "Help" tab in the main menu of the app.