BUT WE’RE GOING FURTHER FOR THE CLIMATE.
We’re pledging to be Carbon Negative by 2025
What does this mean?
There is no agreed-upon definition for what it means to be 'Carbon Negative', but we’re working on it. Here at Beam, it means we aim to give more to the planet than we’re taking away, and actively work on reducing the size of the carbon footprint we offset, and measuring it all as we go along.
In the next four years, we will:
- Invest in identifying a global standard for measuring the positive carbon impact of modal transfer
- Measure and report on the carbon impact of modal shifts from cars and other carbon-emitting transport to e-scooters and e-bikes
- Invest in new technology to reduce the reliance on fossil fuels in day-to-day operations
- Only use 100% certified renewable energy sources in our operations, where such sources exist in the cities we operate
- Release a roadmap on how our fellow mobility companies can come along on the Carbon Negative journey
We are committed to learning more about how we can become Carbon Negative, and partnering with like-minded organisations and individuals in our journey. Because we believe in sustainability being a journey, not a destination.
Have a suggestion for us? We’re ready to listen. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.