The future of mobility is electric and shared. Don’t believe us? Just take a look at all the eScooters buzzing around the city, getting people to where they need to be.
With the rise of the sharing economy taking the world by storm, it’s clear there has been a shift away from ownership – especially within urban transit – and toward communal sharing. By making affordable, eco-friendly, convenient self-drive transport options available, we believe we’re contributing to the sharing economy and the overall health of the cities we operate in.
The Benefits of eScooters
- Affordable, Convenient Transportation
- When using a Beam vehicle, there’s no time spent waiting – you just use the app to unlock the eScooter, and then you’ll be on your way.
- Once you’ve gone from Point A to Point B, you don’t have to worry about payment – the app takes care of that, too. And at $1 to rent and then 15 cents per minute, it’s a truly affordable option, especially for short distances.
- Because the eScooters are fuelled by electric charge, they do not contribute to air quality pollution, they reduce your carbon footprint, and they have a much lower impact on the environment.
- Since you can grab a Beam and roll out immediately, travelling by eScooter can be a more time efficient way to commute, or can help with decreasing the time you spend commuting.
Improving Transit Options
- Last Mile Connectivity
- You know how sometimes you’re near a bus stop or MRT station, but not quite close enough to walk? eScooters are a fantastic solution for Singaporeans commuting from home to public transit. They can cut down time spent walking – or, when you’re late, running – and can make your commute both speedier and easier.
- Quick Trips
- Ever needed to run an errand nearby, but the idea of slogging your way there in rainy or heat seems impossible? Or maybe grabbing a cab to go a short distance seems inefficient, and waiting for public transit seems like a waste of time for somewhere so near? This is where an eScooter is a perfect solution – immediately available, quick, and affordable, you can speed your way to your destination and back in a jiffy.
We’re committed to promoting the sharing economy and making affordable, efficient transportation options easily available. But more than that, we hope to work with local governments across Asia so that the future of urban planning includes infrastructure that supports eScooters and other forms of shared transport.
After all, there’s only one future – we want to make sure it’s one where everyone has access to whatever transit option is best for them.